Grace Flannery - Blog 8

 Tuesday this week was by far my favorite day and I ended up spending 7 hours there because of how much was going on. I was shadowing a nurse named Madi and she had two patients. One with a GI bleed, and the other who had blood in his lungs and was coughing up blood. One of the guys got his breathing tube out and he was a really funny old man despite the pain he was in. Before his breathing tube came out they did an endoscopy on him which I got to watch which was pretty cool being able to see inside his lungs where the bleeding had been occurring. On the other patient with the GI bleed, they let me take his electrolyte sample, take out his cardiac catheter that went through his neck, and take his blood sugar. Although its interesting to just shadow it was nice to actually be able to do stuff today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace Flannery - Blog/The whole week

Grace Flannery - Blog 1

Grace Flannery - Blog 3