Grace Flannery - Blog 10

 On Thursday I didn't go into the ICU and instead I went on a hike. Some of the nurses I shadowed talked a lot about physical health like being able to get in exercise when they aren't working because being in the ICU is a stressful environment and can be sad at times. Exercises is a great way to release endorphins, and it also helps your cardiovascular health. Throughout my two weeks I saw some people with cardiovascular related problems and those people tended not to have the healthiest living habits, so I decided to do something to benefit my physical health after a stressful two weeks. I hiked Mt Kearsarge and I spent a lot of time at the top and the fresh air was so nice after being inside the past two weeks. After the hike I definitely felt better mentally and I actually felt less drained after the hike than before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace Flannery - Blog 1

Grace Flannery - Blog 2

Grace Flannery - Blog/The whole week